Pages

Tuesday 11 September 2012

My Doubts of Sewing

I held a green piece of felt in my hands with my insides churning with doubt. “WillI forget to put the presser foot (which is a metal foot holding the needle) down and muck it all up like I always do? Will I spam the felt with holes and no thread?” Thoughts like those swarmed my brain like a hornet’s nest inside my head.

Ignoring the doubt, I carefully placed my felt under the presser foot and switched its lever down, locking the foot down on the material. Upon stepping on the pedal, the sewing machine a.k.a Bernina made an eerie, mutant-like noise, as if a monster was resurrected from the movie: ‘Aliens vs Predators’ whilst stitching an elegant pattern on the felt.

After a few more patterns stitched, I finally binded a piece of felt over the rest with a functional stitch, there crafting a money pouch. With the support of Mrs Dines and the teachings of Mrs Scott and Miss Beryl, I have finally learnt how to use a sewing machine



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.